Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center creation of SSID for transition WiFi6E

pielunswe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Not able to create 2 SSIDs with same name as per use-case option 4 (see link) in DNA-Center. Any suggestions?

https://blogs.cisco.com/networking/wlan-ssid-security-migration-into-6ghz-networks 

DNA 2.3.3.7
WLC 9800-80

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

You hit one of the limitations on DNA-C, from the tons of it this platform has to deal with wireless configurations.

Nowaday it is impossible to create more than one SSID with the same name to test or deal with different configs in other offices for, to mention some, transition modes, SSIDs operating on different bands per office, different RADIUS servers, ... anything that you can modify on a WLAN profile and you need to but keeping the same SSID naming.

That's one of the many things that make me use DNA-C only for assurance, not for provisioning.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you say 'not able' : what does that mean , what problems are you encountering ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi, 

Error message in DNA:  "Enter an unique SSID", 

Current 2.4/5GHz SSID is named same as I want to name the new 6GHz SSID.

BR,
PieLun

>...Error message in DNA:  "Enter an unique SSID", 
 -  For advanced features use  advisory software version on the controller 17.9.4a , if not yet done , check if that can help

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

You hit one of the limitations on DNA-C, from the tons of it this platform has to deal with wireless configurations.

Nowaday it is impossible to create more than one SSID with the same name to test or deal with different configs in other offices for, to mention some, transition modes, SSIDs operating on different bands per office, different RADIUS servers, ... anything that you can modify on a WLAN profile and you need to but keeping the same SSID naming.

That's one of the many things that make me use DNA-C only for assurance, not for provisioning.

Hi!

That was my fear... oh sh**

Yeah...limitations...  Already hit another where we are migrating customer in to DNAC and they have an existing guest/mab-ssid starting with * -sign. DNAC is not allowing that... 

Thank you for quick reply! 

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Again you are right, this is another limitation on DNA-C which is feature parity with those on C9800.
I've open a discussion with our AM and SE about all of this, as our AM thinks he can talk to DNA-C team to look into this... but I think they are more focused on developing new AI features for the market, and not removing all limitations it currently has.

These are current limitations on C9800:

JPavonM_0-1698912584165.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card