cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the 2602i require the use of a WiFi Controller?

I would like to setup three Aironet 2602I-A-K9 WAP in my office.  Being new to Cisco WiFi, it appeared that I HAVE to have a WiFi Controller to make this work.  Is that a requirement that requires me to also purchase a WIFI controller?

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is an aIOS image for the 2602 that you can download.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you don't want to have to bother with changing the image, make sure you buy the autonomous.  Here is the past number: air-sap2602i-a-k9

SAP means stand-alone, if you purchase a air-cap2602i-a-k9, CAP means capwap and that requires a WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Brad,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Yes that is right, you do not need a WiFi controller to setup Aironet 2602I-A-K9 WAP in your office. You just need to download the image and link is

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284362257&flowid=34153&softwareid=284180979&release=15.2.2-JB&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card