Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubt with Router wireless bridge

j0s3m1c3rt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello
Currently I have the Wireless Access Point infrastructure, and I must add one router (or other device)connected at one SSID and connected to one wire, as shown in the figure:

I was thinking about Cisco 1941W, maybe can do that, but I have a lot of doubt if this device can connect to one SSID like a workgroup bridge (of client), and route the traffic between 2 networks.

Thank you and Best Regards

1 Reply 1

Sam Smiley
Level 3
Level 3

It will work, however it is dependent on the intelligence of the wireless access point. If it is smart enough to be able to route more than one LAN it will work. I recently did this at a customer's with a wifi hotspot using a 1841 & 3502i. The hotspot was not intelligent enough to route a different subnet back to the wifi connected 1841 however I was able to NAT the translation to make it work. The difference between that and what you are looking at is whether or not you will be able to ip nat outside on the wireless interface of the 1941. I was able to do it with an external AP on the LAN interface of the router.

I have a similar configuration in my own office with a 3560 pictured below, however a switch connected to an AP bridge is going to behave differently than a router.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card