Views
Helpful
Replies

DTLS connection not found

kingstdz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

i have cisco WLC 4400 linked to sw 4500, WLC is up and SW, AP cant join the WLC, debug on WLC give

how i can fix that, WLC is set to net server of WS linked to.

*spamReceiveTask: Feb 12 08:48:41.017: 00:3a:98:77:fb:70 No entry exists for AP 
*spamReceiveTask: Feb 12 08:48:41.017: 00:3a:98:77:fb:70 No AP entry exist in temporary database for 
*spamReceiveTask: Feb 12 08:48:50.195: 00:3a:98:7c:ee:c0 DTLS connection not found, creating new connection for 

*spamReceiveTask: Feb 12 08:48:50.313: 00:3a:98:7c:ee:c0 DTLS connection closed event receivedserver 
*spamReceiveTask: Feb 12 08:48:50.313: 00:3a:98:7c:ee:c0 No entry exists for AP 
*spamReceiveTask: Feb 12 08:48:50.313: 00:3a:98:7c:ee:c0 No AP entry exist in temporary database for 
*spamReceiveTask: Feb 12 08:48:52.700: 00:3a:98:72:69:00 DTLS connection not found, creating new connection for 

27 Replies 27

Read through the post, there are several suggestions provided.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

>...end date: 23:38:55 UTC Nov 11 2012
  - As mentioned by Leo : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63942.html , the controller version is very old too,  counter measures as described in FN are available from 8.3

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

hi please can i bypass certificate (AP policy add mac AP???) thanks

- By starting to read replies , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

thanks please where i can found firmware to upgrade wlc may i buy it? 

Rich R
VIP
VIP

kingstdz
Level 1
Level 1

hi i have set ap polici accept lsc and authorized lsc 

and set time to before 2020 (example 2019)

AP join the WLC but disconnect and reconnect how to fix that?

@kingstdz wrote:
and set time to before 2020 (example 2019)

That is not the correct method of fixing the problem.  Please READ and UNDERSTAND the contents of the Field Notice.  

If nobody wants to read the Field Notice, find someone else.  

Yes you have reason but it was urgent now i can slowly and surely follow step by step the replies thanks for your great helps.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Unfortunately you're running very old and unsupported WLC, APs and software - so you could be encountering any one of thousands of bugs that got fixed years ago.
Also remember some AP certificates expired even before 2020.
If you provide specific details of the symptoms you're seeing (meaning actual console logs from the AP and logs from WLC) we *might* be able to help.

This should serve as a reminder that you need to replace all that equipment with modern equipment which can be supported.

thanks 

i arrived to fix the problem by changing date before 2020 (ex 2019), it work, you have reason WLC and AP are too old we use them for temporary

thanks a lot

Glad to know its resolved, READING SUGGESTION ALWAYS HELP - No one does spoon-feeding.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Rich R
VIP
VIP

how i can fix that cert, cert is localy wlc, i enabled web mode but i cant access web interface to generate other cert please show me how to.
You cannot "fix" the certs which the field notice is about - they are installed in the APs and WLC at manufacture time and cannot be changed.  You can only use the software and config workarounds provided in the field notice.

If you want to regenerate the self-signed cert used for the webadmin GUI then you can use the CLI as per https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/administration_of_cisco_wlc.html#ID520

config certificate generate webadmin

After a few seconds, the controller verifies that the certificate has been generated.
Save the SSL certificate, key, and secure web password to nonvolatile RAM (NVRAM) so that your changes are retained across reboots by entering this command:

save config

Reboot the controller by entering this command:

reset system

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card