Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual 2504 controllers

Hello,

My favorite customer is having another quirky issue.

He has 2 2504 controllers, 7.2 software. One is deployed in his local office, one in the data centre on different subnets. He has a number of remote sites. He takes new APs, and primes them to his local office controller as Flex-Connect APs, enables Telnet/SSH and names them. Then he ships them to site for the local resource to plug in. Last Thursday he sent a primed AP to a remote site and it was plugged in. The AP joined the secondary controller in the data centre, not the previous, primary controller. All the config was wiped, but he could re-configure it in the secondary controller GUI. He rebooted it, and it then joined the primary controller fine.

The controllers have:

• local office WLC set as primary in the HA settings
  • data centre WLC set as secondary in the HA settings
  • I had him set up DHCP opt 43 with both WLC IP addresses in proper sequential order
  • Apparently no WAN issues to prevent the initial connection to the primary

I've asked him to monitor the AP join next time through debugs on the WLC CLI, but any ideas out there why it doesn't join with the historical controller? I know that 2504s don't have the SSO functionality that 5508s, but are there some special quirks/tricks?

thanks in advance,

Andrew

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well make sure that the mobility was up between the two. Also the hostname you enter in the high availability tab is case sensitive. As far as dhcp option 43, I would just point it to the office WLC and even if using DNS I would point it to the local office WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card