Views
Helpful
Replies

Embedded controller problems after Update on 9115 ap

netlevelag
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone

I have a C9115 that i converted to EWC Using ap-type mobility-express tftp://10.1.202.111/9100/ap1g7 tftp://10.1.202.111/9100/C9800-AP-iosxe-wlc.bin

The device came back up in recovery mode and i tried installing the binary using this command: archive download-sw ewc-ap tftp://10.1.202.111/9100/C9800-AP-iosxe-wlc.bin

The download stops dead at 78%

I think that the flash is full and I found this bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt44832/?rfs=iqvred

When I try and list the cores I get this:

#show flash cores
Directory of /storage/cores/
total 0K

Directory of EWC-AP core files
Directory does not exist!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/ubivol/part2 520.1M 497.8M 22.3M 96% /part2

Any help would be welcome. Thank you

17 Replies 17

- Yes, I know but look at the full part numbers as given in the document, and or check if that matches you ap part number. I have been at this point before, you may have to finally check it our or have it confirmed by TAC.

M. 

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

netlevelag
Level 1
Level 1

I will send it back to the reseller. The device is obviously affected by the bug I have posted before. There are many many threads about people succesfuly converting the device.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Also have a look at  this document :

https://www.wifireference.com/2019/12/07/cisco-embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/

(take a look at the checklist atInstalling the EWC Software)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card