cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling Bonjour / wireless printing on AP1852 with Mobility Express

jasonpellegrin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having some trouble communicating between an Epson wireless printer that has Airprint capabilities enabled and other iPhones/iPads on the wireless network.  They cannot see the printer.

What do I need to enable on the 1852 (Mobility Express) so that bonjour/multicast traffic is passed through to other wireless clients?

I have enabled mDNS snooping, IGMP snooping, Multicast Forwarding, and even Broadcast Forwarding to no avail.  There is a place to put a ipv4 multicast address, but I'm not sure if this would solve the issue or not.

Does anyone have suggestions to enable AirPrint through the 1800 series running Mobility Express?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

marek.golha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

it seems that according the feature matrix for mobility express:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-5/b_Mobility_Express_FlexConnect_Feature_Matrix.html

But maybe somebody else can comment if this is true?

Marek

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is indeed a possibility that this is currently not supported.

Based on your link and this table:

Bonjour Gateway No No
mDNS AP No No
LSS No No
Origin Based services No No
Priority MAC No No
Bonjour Browser No No
Flex+Bridge mode No

No

it looks really bad.

Anyway, I don't use Airprint at all and have never setup it, but maybe this guide here (for the WLC) could help you:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/bonjour/Bonjour74/Printer_Services.html

Vengatesa Prasath
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Client and airprint on same vlan or different vlan? 

If, Airprint and client is in same vlan, then it should work. (If it is in same vlan then I would recommend disabling MDNS snooping on the WLC). 

----Vengat

************* Please rate Usefull post***************

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card