cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EWC Policy

ShahrulEzwvn
Level 1
Level 1

anyone having issues with Microsoft Teams connectivity?

my environment is using EWC AP 9120. after deployment, some users complain that having lagging voice+video when using M. Teams, tried others application and it was okay.

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see, so far doesn't set any qos policies for the ewc

Rich R
VIP
VIP

ShahrulEzwvn
Level 1
Level 1

Ewc 9120. Version 17.6.3 

Rich R
VIP
VIP

There is a bug https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa31596 which specifically references impact with Teams but that only mentions 17.3 - not clear if it affects 17.6.  Suggest to open a TAC case and ask that question and whether there are any other similar bugs which could impact 17.6.  You could also try the workarounds on that bug.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When the users reported this issue did you check the below

1. MCS rate

2. Band

3. Channel Utilization 

4. Noise

5. Client driver (Needs to be up to date always, older WLAN firmware for certain WNIC's have well documented issues)

6. MS Teams service health

Without the above it will be super difficult to advise you 

Hi arshad, after users encountered this. They changed to LAN and it worked fine. Already did the scanning using ekahau, the rssi is around - 45dbm. There were only below 10 users connected to AP.

Still RSSI itself is not sufficient to conclude that wireless is the offender. 

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

As @Arshad Safrulla said, check WLAN parameterrs in both client and infra side to discard any client side issue.

I would add to that checklist:

7. Check how many users are connected to same AP/radio and if this is a shared channel.

8. Check the Channel utilization and retry rate

9. If they are Windows, install Powershell's 'WifiTools" and use 'Monitor-WifiState' command to check data rate adn signal on the client side constantly, and same from the WLAN Infra side.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card