Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware AP 1260

a.khraisat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ...

I Use AP 1260 in our  warehouse which is used with one Mobility Device "PDA Scanner " but once its connected I Have one Error , then I must change the IP address to That Device to reconnect

Packet to client [characters] reached max retries, 
removing the clien

I change the Channel between all the Aceess Point and I change the Max Data Rate and Retries to 128 but it still the same shall I do Upgrade for AP from 12.4 to 15.2

Please advise on this Matter

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post your configuration so we may review.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Adnan,

This error message indicates that the access point attempts to poll the client a certain  number of times, but does not receive a response. Therefore, the client is removed from the  association table. This issue is commonly seen when the client and access point are attempting to  communicate in a noisy RF environment.

To resolve this issue, run a carrier busy test on the access point to determine if  there is excessive noise in the radio channel spectrum. Attempt to alleviate any unwanted noise.

If there are several access points in the same area, there might be  overlapping the channel signals or possibly other wireless device in the  area. Change the access point channel to one of the non-overlapping  channels using the access point GUI. Under Network Interfaces, select Radio-802.11. There are three non-overlapping channels: 1, 6, and 11.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card