cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

flapping client interface with EAP-TLS !!!

abdel_n
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried to configure eap-tls from this link :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_white_paper09186a008009256b.shtml#wp39392

Certificate configurations on csacs and the client sides seem to be OK, but the XP client is flapping and cannot establish connection to the wireless network, the AP shows "Association processing".

I'am suspecting 2 issues:

- Should the client request ?authenticated session? or ?user? type certificate (MS CA) or may be it doesn?t matter as they both can provide ?authentication to remote computer??

- Is there any requirement about client ip address? Or it doesn?t matter?

Think you in advance.

1 Reply 1

linhthasack
Level 1
Level 1

Is it only happening to your PC with XP or is at across the board with all windows user. What is the wireless card type (intel or broadcom)? Does it have the latest driver? I had found in some cases upgrading the driver to the latest version will work. In some cases the PEAP hotfix from microsoft will fix the problem if XP is not version 2. And in some cases the AP are so close together that it will authenticate to one AP drops connection and try to authenticate with another AP in continueose loop. I need more info to help you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card