Views
Helpful
Replies

Flex Connect locally switched mode.

NetworkingGeek1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I have a question regarding FlexConnect - LocalSwitching. I see this configuration in two places in Wireless Controller, under FlexConnect groups (General -> External Module Configuration -> Flexconnect - LocalSwitching tickbox). And another place is under WLANs. where you can configure each WLAN to be FlexConnect Locally switched. So, my question where should I configure it to enable FlexConnect - LocalSwitching ? For example, can I enable it only under WLANs and leave it disabled under FlexConnect groups?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Please also refer to the guide. FlexConnect in general has to be configured on the wlan. The FlexConnect group is optional and if used, will override any general configurations. FlexConnect local switching even if configured on the wlan will not work if the ap is not configured for FlexConnect local switching. There are dependencies and also configuration hierarchy. Hope this helps.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

@Scott Fella  thank you for the reply. Can you please clarify: "FlexConnect local switching even if configured on the wlan will not work if the ap is not configured for FlexConnect local switching." I didn't find any FlexConnect local switching for AP, there is only just configuration for AP to be in FlexConnect mode without specifying whether it's local switching. Another clarification, if in FlexConnect group configuration LocalSwitching box is unticked (not selected), but WLANs are in configured to be in FlexConnect - LocalSwitching, in which mode they will be eventually considering that you said that FlexConnect group configuration will override any general configuration?

Can you please post here link to the relevant guide.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card