cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I change the AP credentials and Enable password Globally on a C

willthomas76
Level 1
Level 1

How do I change the AP credentials and Enable password Globally on a Cisco 9800-80 controller? I have tried searching for CLI and GUI instructions. I do not want to do this on a per profile basis. Is there a way to change the username and password including the Enable password on a controller by controller basis?  I want to change to apply to the existing AP's as well as any AP's that join.

The following commands did not work and I could not find the GUI instructions.

config ap mgmtuser add username user password password enablesecret enable_password all

Please help.  I assume its something simple for the GUI as well as CLI.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...How do I change the AP credentials and Enable password Globally 
         You can't it needs to be done per profile ;  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_c9800_wireless_controller_series_web_dg.html#id_90820

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Put that in your existing profiles for existing APs and in the default profile so any new APs joining get the config immediately before they're assigned to a specific profile.

Gaurav  Kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Thomas

You can change the credentials for AP Globally in 9800 WLC under

Configuration>Tags &Profile > AP Join, here you can create profiles for AP or use default profiles  and create credentials in edit AP join profile.

If you find this helpful pls reply.

Good Luck

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card