Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect AP Often Reboots

mariano.alfonso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm testing out a vWLC and have set up 4 APs all in FlexConnect, the Controller is at my central site and the APs are located in Branches across countries. Everything is working fine except for this one AP which keeps rebooting. (1602 series).

So the AP is conected to an ASA POE port at the branch and was previously working on Autonomous mode and had had no issues with it.

The vWLC version 8.1.102.0, AP Version 15.3(3)JBB.

What I don't get is why the AP reboots and then re-downloads the image from the WLC? Shouldn't it just re-associate? This creates a long downtime every time it happens.

Logs information:

Last Error Summary

Last AP Connection Failure         Number of message retransmission to the AP has reached maximum

Last AP Disconnect Reason        Unknown failure reason

Last Error Occurred                      AP got or has been disconnected

Last Error Occurred Reason        Number of message retransmission to the AP has reached maximum

Last Join Error Timestamp           Jul 15 08:01:46.457

(I've got a 2602 that throws the same error message but the AP does not reboot, it only rejoins the WLC)

Controller Association Latency    0 d, 00 h 02 m 00 s (it's the highest of the four)

PoE Status

Power injector / Normal mode

So even if the issue was at a hardware level and for some reason this AP reboots, it shouldn't download the image all over again right?

Thanks,

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card