Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward broadcast through bridged 1130

s.gilbrook
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having trouble connecting a piece of medical hardware via an 1130AG configured as a WGB.

For info. the medical device runs a third party OS (written by GE) which seems to communicate using L2 broadcasting. If the device in question is connected to a wired switch port it can see other devices running the same OS no problem (if you Wireshark the traffic you see loads of LLC connections).

The medical device has an Ethernet port which I have connected to the Fa0 port on the 1130 WGB, the WGB then connects to an LWAPP 1130AG, configured as an H-REAP, which connects back to a WLC 4402.

The SSID used to connect the WGB to the LWAPP H-REAP 1130 is configured on the WLC 4402 and is currently setup as an H-REAP SSID.

The WGB can associate/autheticate with the LWAPP H-REAP 1130 no problem and I can see the WGB on the 4402, however I cannot seem to get the L2 broadcast traffic to go from the medical device, via the WGB, across to the LWAPP 1130 then onto the wired netowrk.

I am using an H-REAP beacuse it seems to be the only way I can drop the L2 traffic onto the wired LAN at the AP (bypass the WLC 4402). I am thinking I need to bypass the 4402, as the 4402 will not authenticate the medical device as it does not run IP (the 4402 keeps syaing DHCP_REQ in the debug logs).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card