Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Access not working anymore

jaapvanharen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My EA2700 router just functions just perfectly. The Guest Acces also, although very rarely used.

Until today, when it appeared that the guest access dosn't function anymore.

When starating to browse, the browser tells the user to register (with pasword), but that page is not shown. In stead the browser shows a message telling that a neetworkport is used that is normally used for other purposes than browsing and therefore has terminated the access ....

I tried to disable guest access and reboot router and than agin enable it and reboot router, no success,

What do I have to do to get thos working gain?

THanks,

Jack

4 Replies 4

Hi

Have you tried with different browsers and different devices?  Basically, if not change was performed on the router, there´s no reason to stop working. If you already restart it, I am not sure it is the problem.

O Yes, sorry forgot to mention, I tried Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Opera, Tor: no browsing possible.

And also that the little networksymbol displays the globe with the "no sign" (instead of radarsymbol indicating WiFi-networkstrength) When clicked upon, the guestnetwork says that it's open, but there is no internet.

The router itself is accessible (as admin to change settings) and I can connect to the router's normal network to browse the internet (I use the router in bridge mode).

I have changed nothing in neither of the router's settings, nor in the networkconfiguration.

Any possibility you have proxy configured on the Browser? or on the machine?

jaapvanharen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Flavio,

As far as I know, I have done nothing with proxysettings, not in (any of the) browser, nor the machine.

Could I check (how?) what the correct settings should be?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card