Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Wifi daily disconnect between 12:00 - 13:00

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Daily between 12:00 - 13:00 all users unable to connect to Guest Wifi. It seems like a policy/setting on WLC, but I don't know where to find these settings.

Please advise.

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This can be done easily but not on the WLC.  

It is NOT recommended to put this limitation on the WLC because this means if you have multiple WLC, you need to configure each and one of them. 

You have several choices: 

1.  Time-Based ACL on the VLAN and default-gateway of the Guest SSID; and

2.  You can enable/disable the SSID if you use WCS/PI.

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is nothing on the WLC that will drop all guest users. If your anchoring guest to a DMZ controller, I would look at the FW to see if it's dropping the mobility traffic during that time.  From what you are saying, it's all your guest users and it happens between 12:00-13:00, so that is what I think is the issue. I'm also assuming your other SSIDs are fine during those times. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This can be done easily but not on the WLC.  

It is NOT recommended to put this limitation on the WLC because this means if you have multiple WLC, you need to configure each and one of them. 

You have several choices: 

1.  Time-Based ACL on the VLAN and default-gateway of the Guest SSID; and

2.  You can enable/disable the SSID if you use WCS/PI.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is nothing on the WLC that will drop all guest users. If your anchoring guest to a DMZ controller, I would look at the FW to see if it's dropping the mobility traffic during that time.  From what you are saying, it's all your guest users and it happens between 12:00-13:00, so that is what I think is the issue. I'm also assuming your other SSIDs are fine during those times. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks both Leo & Scott.

Its only happening for Guest users, other are fine. 

During that time, Iam getting logs on WLC  "%SIM-DHCP_SERVER_NO_REPLY:sim_interface.c 1039 Failed to get DHCP response on interface 'guest-wifi" Marking interface dirty.

%DOT1X-3-MAX-EAP_RETRANS Max rap retransmission exceed for client client_macaddress.

Are these log messages suggest that where I can look to remove these timing issues for guest users?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card