Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Wireless

IrishMann
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a WLC4402 nad have been using it internally for approx 4 years with ACS authentication. Everything is working great.

I am now truing to use the second port for a Guest Wireless setup running under a seperate VLAN. I setup a PIX 506 for a second internet connection and that works great, when I connect the PIX to the second port on the WLC, immediately the interface stays up but protocol goes down. I have tried both a cross over and straight through cable.

If I change the Port speed from Auto to 1000 I lose layer 2 connctivity.

Any ideas ?

Colin

3 Replies 3

jerryard1
Level 1
Level 1

It's probably be an issue with trunking. I'm don't remember if the Pix's will trunk 801.q. The 4402 ports are hard coded to be 801.q trunks by default. So if both sides of the physical link (PiX/4402) don't match then the line protocol will go down.

You could try to set the guest VLAN on the 4402 to be untagged (set it to '0' to untag it.) This will allow the guest traffic to go across the wired link between the PIX and 4402 to be untagged so that the PIX won't get confused.

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How do you set up your WLC ?

You need to create a dynamic interface and assign it to port 2.

Hey Guys,

I removed my vlan tagging and still no change. Yes I have created a dynampic interface and assign it to port 2.

I connected my pix directly to a layer 3 switch and that works perfectly. As soon as I connect from pix to WLC the protocol is dropped. Could it be something like STP ?

Thanks for your replies.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card