Views
Helpful
Replies

H-Reap PreAuthentication ACL

zahir_zahir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have few APs working in hreap mode as local switching. I have Guest WLAN and after connection to that WLAN client must accept security regulations. The problem is that on WLC under Security->Web Auth -> Web login page  I put text saying:

"Read a regulation form and click accept"   and  There is button created in html:

<input type="button" value="Click to read"

onclick="window.open('http://192.168.1.100')">

When client click the button the page cannot be loaded and i guess it is because AP block any kind of traffic untill you choose Accept button (except dns traffic). That why i'm using PreAuthentication ACL which permits traffic to 192.168.1.100 - it does work for AP not being in H-reap modem, but for h-reap it doesnt work.

What i found in Cisco documentation is:

If you have configured a locally switched WLAN,  then Access Control Lists (ACLs) do not work and are not supported. On a  centrally switched WLAN, ACLs are supported

That statment is related to preauthentication ACL as well? Is there some workaround for that problem?

thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what's the WLC code and sever(ISE/NAC/ACS) used.

WCL 5508 - Software Version                 7.0.116.0

As the described network is for the guests, there is no authentication server like ACS, just L3 security - web auth.

Try to allow any any and see if it works... If it does, then look at your acls, because you might need to add additional entries.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Strange thing. When i set my ACL for permit any any, i am not redirected to local auth page on my WLC after putting some adress in web browser. Whats worse the web page which i am trying to reach doesn't show up either. I have no idea what is going on.

What can block that kind of traffic?

Any help would be useful!

I cannot find any information about pre-auth acl saying who it works. Every document says that it should be used for external web auth server

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you don't need preauth acl if internal page from WLC is used for hreap local switching.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card