Wireless

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Hello togetherI want to make a change on a set of accesspoints which are in a specific building. I know I have the AP Templates function in my WCS 7.0. What I don't understand, let's assume I want to change the priority of the controllers (primary, s...

patoberli by VIP Alumni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have had a 350 AP setup for many years.  Recently users are having problems connecting to it.  In the advanced settings it sais forwarding state "Blocking".  It should say forwarding state "Forwarding".  I understand if the AP has no connections it...

Hello All,I have been troubleshooting an issues with Alcatel IP Phones for weeks now and it appears that the issue happens when the calls are made between the wireless phones the majority of the time.  What's strange is that the one way audio happens...

I work for a court reporting firm, small business.  We deal with real time steongraphy and utilize a wireless network in the courtroom to send the feed.  We've recently been asked to provide a FIPS 140-2 validated network (providing the NIST valdiate...

A query,I have a "customer" who wants to use 802.1x wireless exclusively for after hours patching, etc.  RADIUS authentication and user idle timeouts, etc. are an unnecessary nuisance in the customer's eyes.Is this doable?Background:SSID-1:  802.1x W...

Hi,I am going to deploy 5 APs with PEAP, the users will be authenticated by ACS and Windows AD. I am not sure if I should deply WDS for better roaming.Is WDS mandatory to such situation?Thanks!

Yong Peng by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A couple of weeks ago we did an upgrade to controller code 7.0.235.3 on our WiSM's and upgraded WCS to 7.0.230.0.Since then, I have one AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 that will not stay up.AP04CAPWAP Up Time 4 h 13 m 46 s CAPWAP Join Taken Time 1 m 22 s Users ke...

Joe Clark by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking for the Maximum Power Settings Spec for the 3600 AP.  The one from 2008 is too old. Does an update exist?The AP Spec itself does not show power levels by channel and regulatory domain which is what I need.If I can't get the spec, I will ...