Views
Helpful
Replies

HA Configuration dcloud 9800

jasonjefrey1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone 

What is the recommended IP Add to use when configuring HA? The wireless management IP range or the controller management IP range the one we use to login via the web? 

Thanks 

jason

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

yes. Assuming you are not actually using 1.1.1.1, since its own by cloudflare now.

-hope this helps-

View solution in original post

only the primary controller, once HA is formed HA controller IP is over written by primary controller IP.

I would also recommend that you open a separate discussion for each new topic, its easier for the community member to track and help and its convenience for other community members when they are searching community topics.

-hope this helps-

>...should we calculate it as one controller or two
             One controller , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

18 Replies 18

jasonjefrey1
Level 1
Level 1

I mean the IP add used on the RMI RP ports

Hi @ammahend 

Thank you! Let me go and configure it now. 

Jason

@ammahend 

And the two controllers must both have management wireless interfaces in the same range like 1.1.1.1/24 and 1.1.1.2/24?

yes. Assuming you are not actually using 1.1.1.1, since its own by cloudflare now.

-hope this helps-

Hi @ammahend 

Thank you, yeah, I am not using 1.1.1.1 - I just used it as an example thanks

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Also note when you are configuring controllers (HA mode or other stuff)  , you can always have a checkup of the configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless ; feed the output into :
                                          https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/
       Strongly advised !

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

jasonjefrey1
Level 1
Level 1

@ammahend 

Sorry, bro; another question. I deleted the hostname, and it took away the trustpoint. Now when I use the CLi "wireless config vwlc-ssc key-size 2048 signature-alog sha256 password $$$$      - its not creating the certificate. is the another easy way to create certificate ?

no worries, can you share the output for "show crypto key mypubkey all"

-hope this helps-

@ammahend 

Kindly see the attached

You still have the self signed certificate trustpoint TP-self-signed-2327769474, if this is the one references before you can still use it.

-hope this helps-

grahamlogan429
Level 1
Level 1

When configuring High Availability (HA) for networking devices, the recommended IP address to use depends on the specific requirements and design of your network setup. There are typically two main types of IP addresses involved in configuring HA for networking devices: the wireless management IP range and the controller (or management) IP range.

1. Wireless Management IP Range: The wireless management IP range is used for communication between the access points (APs) and the wireless controller or wireless management system. This IP range is typically used for control plane traffic and managing the wireless infrastructure.

2. Controller (or Management) IP Range: The controller IP range, also known as the management IP range, is used for accessing and managing the networking device itself. This IP range is used for configuration, monitoring, and control of the networking equipment.

Hi @grahamlogan429 

Thanks for the clarification; we want the first one for control plane traffic.

When calculating the hexadecimal value for option 43 in the HA setup, should we calculate it as one controller or two?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card