cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with 1310 Aironet Configuration

m-carey
Level 1
Level 1

2 Sites - 500 yards line of site apart. A Cisco 1700 series router at each site with T1 connection back to main office and one open WIC interface.

Bought 2 1300 Aironet Devices to establish site-to-site connectivity between the 2 sites so if T1 line ever fails at either site, traffic can route over wireless link back to main office.

The only wireless connection I want to establish to the Wireless Bridge is the other Bridge - so what mode should I put them in? Also, should the bridges be in their own subnet or vlan?

4 Replies 4

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

You have to put the wireless bridges in another VLAN/IP subnet. 1310 and 1410 wireless bridges are layer 2 devices. They do not run an IP routing protocol. You can use spanning tree protocol to block the bridges in normal circumstances; however, it is no elegant.

I will put the 2 1310 bridges into a separate VLAN. Adjust the IP routing protocol metric; so that the T1 line is more preferrable.

As far as limiting the device associating to the root bridge, you have to use LEAP or MAC authentication. As bridge is a superset of AP, all AP function is provided by 1310 bridges. The only way to provide limited access is through authentication.

As MAC is easily hacked, I suggest you to use LEAP.

Dixho,

I have been having problems with LEAP on the non-root bridge.

I even have a TAC CASE# 600613147.

From the looks of it the radius server responds correctly with a user authenticated response when I do a " test aaa ...." command.

The root and the non-root bridge are all connected in one subnet. The non-root's default gateway is the root's router. The same situation as above except the primary route is the wifi bridge and the T1 is the backup.

With WEP or Open I have a connection so that takes out the antenna, wireless medium, and cable issues out of the picture.

Looks like there might be issues with the non-root on the radius level.

I am trying to get a handle on this radius debugs both from the bridge and from the radius server. If you have time I can send you the logs and see what your opinion is on the matter. Every time I look at your comments you always get a star so that says something about your ability to get the answer across. Thanks in advance! :-) Ed

I was working with you last Friday. I was the engineer who analyzed the debugs.

I talked to the SR owner. He is reproducing the problem in our lab.

Thanks for all your help. Hopefully we get a resolution.

:-) Ed

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card