cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with LED cycling on 1852 AP

carsten.wegner
Level 1
Level 1

*** For the real correct answer, see grobsons's reply about the power supply ***

Hi,

I am a total noob and have a brand new AP 1852i with Express Mobility. After going through the wizard, I can join the created WLAN and access the management URL. The AP is powered by an 802.af injector device and the data sheet - as I understand it - says this is supplying sufficient power (15.4W) for the AP, for the device will shut down some functions (AUX, USB) when only getting 15.4 W.

Still, the LED is cycling through red-green-amber-off and I am soooo keen to see a steady green

Can someone help me?

Kind regards

Carsten 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If everything is working, then maybe upgrade/downgrade.  I thought I saw something about that being a bug but will have to try to dig that up. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

View solution in original post

You can SSH to the controller and issue the following command to disable the LED if you want.

config ap led-state disable

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful post ***

-Scott

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to check the model number of the AP.  If the AP model is AIR-AP1852I-UXK9, then you need to prime the access point to define a regulatory domain.  See the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html

You will need to download an app for your iphone/android in order to prime the AP

-Scott

-Scott

Thanks for answering.

The model number is AIR-AP-1852I-E-K9, so I guess it's already primed, isn't it?

It came with a CAPWAP image and I flashed it to Express Mobility 8.2.100 via TFTP.

Is your answer still valid for this model and my doing?

The AP you have is not a Universal AP (UX) so you don't need to prime.  Have you followed the guide to configure Mobility Express?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/1/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide/getg_start.html

-Scott 

-Scott

Yes, I did. Apart from the cycling LED everything is working fine.

I read the Getting Started part of the user guide again and would pretend, that I followed exactly. The AP icon under Access Point Administration in ME shows an attached P, meaning primary AP. It's my only AP and there is no controller in my network.

Carsten

If everything is working, then maybe upgrade/downgrade.  I thought I saw something about that being a bug but will have to try to dig that up. 

-Scott 

-Scott

Thank you for your effort.

I think I'll leave it this way, for it's only blinking light. Function ist there, form will follow ;-)

Kind regards

Carsten

You can SSH to the controller and issue the following command to disable the LED if you want.

config ap led-state disable

-Scott

-Scott

+1 for this - better than blinking. Only steady green will ace this out.

Kind regards

C.

Take a look at this... again, as long as the AP's are not AIR-AP1852I-UXK9 you are fine.  

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html#92333

-Scott

-Scott

although marked as solved, from the HW installation guide

cycling through red, green, amber, and off -> General warning; insufficient inline power

so you will need another power injector to supply sufficient power and keep the LEDs steady

greg2.0
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will cycle through the colours because it is connected to 802.3af power.  If it is supplied 802.3at the cycling will stop.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/1850_DG/b_Cisco_Aironet_Series_1850_Access_Point_Deployment_Guide.html#concept_C5AF3BE534204FA2ACEAB1AE86F3847D

What you can get from here: 1. read all documentation and make no guess about what "insufficient" means, while it seems your AP has sufficient power to work ;-) 2. it makes sense to give as much info about your environment as possible if asking questions. It will help people to answer! Already ordered an 802.3at injector and will report back after getting it.

And yes,

the real correct answer goes to grobson!

Thanks for pointing me to this. As soon as I supplied 802.3at power, the LED glowed steady green.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card