cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi in my access point i am unable to change wired 0 duplex setting

IMG USA
Level 1
Level 1

in my access point i am unable to change wired 0 duplex setting, Can anyone help me with command line. 

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The AP will follow and or 'listen to' switch settings ; which is sufficient , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

At Ap end i Can its learning Half duplex but at switch end i have configured hardcoded Full duplex.

If i connect different AP on same port then i can see at other AP full duplex.

Is this AP a 2800/3800/4800/1560? 

There is a known bug with 2800/3800/4800/1560 about unable to negotiate duplex settings with the switch.  As a consequence, the switch's logs will be spammed with duplex mismatch error. 

The fix is to upgrade the WLC firmware to something more recent.

to which Firmware should we upgrade WLC

@IMG USA wrote:
to which Firmware should we upgrade WLC

Whatever is more recent.

But with Same version another AP of same make is getting full duplex

- Try cold start (from powered down) of the AP , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

What firmware is the controller running on?

Rich R
VIP
VIP

- What model of AP?
- What version of software?

But regardless of that - you should not be trying to set the speed and duplex on the AP! You should be setting the switch port to match the AP with auto speed and auto duplex.  Hard-coding the switch port while the AP is set to auto is an unsupported configuration and the resulting half duplex is a known side effect of that unsupported configuration (it's pure luck if another device works) - you can find plenty of documentation on that which has been around for decades! Both sides must be auto or both sides must be hard-coded.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/ethernet/10561-3.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card