Views
Helpful
Replies

High Channel Utilzation on 5Ghz with no Client connected

janvelgado_16
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am just wondering, no client is connected on 5GHz and yet there is a very high channel utilization with 0% interference. Do you know how is that possible? no problem on 2.4GHz. Im using Cisco WLC 5520 and firmware version 8.2. Is this some kind of bug?

My troubleshooting procedure on that is restart the AP and the channel utilization returns to normal. Please see attached photo.

Thank you for the help,

JE

16 Replies 16

Hi,

I stumbled upon your post on accident, we have basically the same issue on wlc9800. We have gone through several fw versions starting from 16.X and now are at 17.6.4. I'm pretty confident we had the same alert appearing in DNA so I wouldn't say it's a bug that will be fixed with fw upgrade. Would also like to hear some ideas how to improve this or at least find the root cause.

Have you opened a TAC case?  You can also search the bug tool to see if there are any other support cases that matches what you are seeing.  The hard part is how clean the air is during that time and using another tool to help compare.  I have seen that a long time ago on AireOS and with a NetAlly tool, we were able to see a difference in the spectrum from what the controller was showing and it was a bug. Open a TAC case as that would be the fastest way to get an answer.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card