cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I change my AP 2802I into sensor mode.

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

Hello

I want to test Sensor functionalities with DNA-Assurance.

I do not have a dedicated sensor (AP 1800s).

However I have an AP 2800 with internal antennas

The 2800 documentation says that "only the dual-band radio can be set to Sensor role " for AP 2800 with internal antennas.

How can I set it up ?

I see nowhere  in the WLC Radio setup menu  (C9800) how to convert Dual-band into sensor.

Michel Misonne

Michel Misonne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jegan Rajappa
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco removed AP-as-a-Sensor feature from 17.2.X release, if you open 17.1.x configuration guide you can see 'sensor mode' under 'Lightweight Access Points' section, but you will not see the same in 17.2.x and 17.3.x configuration guide.

You can see this announcement in 17.2.x Release notes.

Cisco 17.1.x configuration guide

Capture.PNG

Cisco 17.2.x release notes

Capture1.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was looking the same for one of my sites, I found a good video for 1800, should same for 2800.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDfJ32_Db6E

check the 2800 requirement : (Access Point Features)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/2800/quick/guide/ap2800iegetstart.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Jegan Rajappa
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco removed AP-as-a-Sensor feature from 17.2.X release, if you open 17.1.x configuration guide you can see 'sensor mode' under 'Lightweight Access Points' section, but you will not see the same in 17.2.x and 17.3.x configuration guide.

You can see this announcement in 17.2.x Release notes.

Cisco 17.1.x configuration guide

Capture.PNG

Cisco 17.2.x release notes

Capture1.PNG

Tkanks a lot Jegan. 

You are right!

I migrate this AP  from a C9800 (17.3) to another WLC AIR-OS (8.5) and I find back the sensor option.

Hi mmisonne

have you been able to see the Aironet 2802I (converted into sensor mode) on DNAC with AireOS 8.5? And have you been able to run any wireless assurance tests on DNAC?

Best regards

Dominic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card