cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i disable mesh?

servisturk
Level 1
Level 1

how can i disable 1552E mesh over cli. i m trying to upload ios and it s always cutting the connection.

Sep  1 10:17:48.167: %MESH-3-TIMER_EXPIRED: Mesh Lwapp join timer expired

Sep  1 10:17:48.167: %MESH-3-TIMER_EXPIRED: Mesh Lwapp join failed expired

Sep  1 10:17:48.167: %MESH-6-LINK_UPDOWN: Mesh station f029.29c2.9a1c link Down

Sep  1 10:18:38.671: %MESH-6-CAPWAP_RESTART: Mesh Capwap re-started

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you are upgrading code in a WLC with indoor or outdoor mesh access points, you need to use the pre-image download feature to push the image to these mesh APs. You can't disable mesh per say unless all of them are wired. Mesh 1550's con be put into FlexConnect mode, but that requires an Ethernet connection or else you will leave that AP stranded. I have upgraded code on many environments with no issues doing it this way.

Make sure that the mesh back haul is stable also, because the log you posted doesn't look familiar to me when you use the pre image download. It just looks like an issue when the mesh APs isn't connecting or a map changes to a new parent rap.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

hi Scott,

i need to change image to autonomous and i m trying everything. i m trying to find wayout the cisco 1552e hell... problem is 1552e doesn t use ftp, tftp, scp or other protocols. i installed the wireshark to server notebook and listen the network. other machines, pc notebook etc. connecting to server ftp, tftp ,scp and all other ports perfectly just the freak 1552e doesn t. 1552e ping to server also server ping to 1552e. it totaly normal but when i try :

archive download-sw /overwrite /reload ftp://sturk:sturk@10.0.0.3/c1520-k9w7-tar.152-4.JA1.tar

archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp://10.0.0.3/c1520-k9w7-tar.152-.JA1.tar

here is the freak error :

%Error opening tftp://10.0.0.3/c1520-k9w7-tar.152-.JA1.tar (Timed out)

Download image failed, notify controller!!! From:7.4.1.37 to 0.0.0.0, FailureCode:15

archive download: takes 38 seconds

what s wrong i don t know and i need the resolve the problem asap. i didn t fight like this with cisco before.

i use the all proceses all other 1552e s. all the 1552e broke or i m missing very simple point!

anyway thanks again...

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to understand that it is a lightweight access point and the ap will reboot as part of the process of it trying to find the WLC. So this is normal and any lightweight AP will go through this. You also have to understand that this ap is in mesh mode which also makes it difficult. Typically you would purchase these with the autonomous code, but in your case you now have to convert it. So what you need to do is issue this on the console of the 1552 which will stop the AP from reloading.

debug capwap client no-reload

Then perform the upload

-Scott

i did it... still same timeout error

I replied to you other post.

-Scott

Hi Scott, 

I tried to convert my AIR-CAP-1552SA in Standalone mode  and I got the same error than Servisturk:

Download image failed, notify controller!!! From:7.4.1.37 to 0.0.0.0, FailureCode:15

archive download: takes 38 seconds

Did you find a solution ?

Thx for your Help. 

Ps: If i convert my AP on standalone mode, mesh still working ? 

Jeffrey Keown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

try these ap commands:

debug capwap console cli

test mesh mode local

..then try the image download again

brad
Level 1
Level 1

I've discovered this 15.3(3)JC, on a 1532e access point.

For whatever reason, "mesh" mode seems to be known as "bridge" mode in the CLI.

To check what mode you are in:

show capwap client config

To turn off mesh, change it to "local" mode (take note this forces a reload):

capwap ap mode local

Still haven't made it live in a production network, so take care - but I hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card