cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many client will connect on cisco 9130 AP ?

pavansharma
Level 1
Level 1

How many client will connect on cisco 9130 AP ? Can I use this ap for 40-45 user/ cisco 9130 ap?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

9130 and C9120AXI models - with Cat 9800 WLC code 17.9.3

Is cisco 9130 AP is sufficient for 50 user in enterprise network?  - this one as i  suggest depends on the requirement and usage based on the input, some place i have 50 users connected some less than 20 so its all depends.

you have installed 25 AP - if you take 25 users per AP you are neat by 80% of you looking

because of more users you can not have more AP in the place. that not going to work due to lot of overlap and waste of money.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco suggest to maximum upto 25-30 better perfromance.

But i have some AP connected 50 clients they are ok, its all depend what users using ?

BB

Thanks for letting me know.

Could you please tell me which AP model you used ?

In my enterprise network, I am facing a critical situation. I have conducted a survey (25 APs placed on the floor) as well, but I have found that the app is sufficient to serve 25-30 users per AP, but now 800+ users are asking for Wi-Fi connection, so please suggest me.

Is cisco 9130 AP is sufficient for 50 user in enterprise network?

Thanks for your kind support & cooperation in advance.

9130 and C9120AXI models - with Cat 9800 WLC code 17.9.3

Is cisco 9130 AP is sufficient for 50 user in enterprise network?  - this one as i  suggest depends on the requirement and usage based on the input, some place i have 50 users connected some less than 20 so its all depends.

you have installed 25 AP - if you take 25 users per AP you are neat by 80% of you looking

because of more users you can not have more AP in the place. that not going to work due to lot of overlap and waste of money.

BB

@pavansharma wrote:
In my enterprise network, I am facing a critical situation. I have conducted a survey (25 APs placed on the floor) as well, but I have found that the app is sufficient to serve 25-30 users per AP, but now 800+ users are asking for Wi-Fi connection, so please suggest me.

Get a wireless site survey/design done properly.  

Getting a wireless design WRONG is the easiest thing to do.  Fixing a wrong wireless design is where the big money is right now.  

pavansharma
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone can tell me please ? Cisco 9130 AP can connect 40-45 user at a same time and running without any problem.

?

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

As my colleagues are telling you in all answers above, it all depend on the type of traffic those 50 users will be generating. If this is for standard office appliations only (not real-time traffic or high load) then they all can connect to the same AP (whatever the AP model will be) BUT if any of them start to load the medium with file sharing the rest will notice lower performance, and if someone use real-time apps like Zoom or Teams they might notice low quality or drops.

The quick answer will be YES, but the reasoned answer is NO. The recommendation here would be to use two APs and this way you will provide better performance to all users AND redundancy in case of AP failure.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card