cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many megabytes do the logs weigh on a wlc9800?

gerardo31280
Level 1
Level 1

My wlc9800 needs to send log to a server (splunk), warning level, the server administrator wants to know how many megabytes of information will be sent to the server, I have searched for documentation but I cannot find that information. Does anyone have this information that can help me?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will not able to find that information any were in the documents. Depends on what kind of Log information you like to send to destination - and what log type ? as you mentioned warning type you need to configure the syslog and monitor because every environment warning messages are different.

WLC 9800 WLC send warning message i see 200MB per day to upto 1Gig per day depends on user base and other factors.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- There won't be  a unique answer to that question ; it will depend on the logging parameters (severity levels) set and , for instance if you start using global ap syslogging or not. Tools like splunk will usually have flexible rotating availabilities for logs and automated purging capabilities.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@gerardo31280 wrote:
how many megabytes of information will be sent to the server

Per hour?  Per day?  Per week? 

Depends on how many APs, client number, SSID, logging levels, etc.

per day, warning level, six app, I know there are many variables to consider, I just need an estimate of traffic,

Greetings

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card