cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many wireless clients will a Cisco LWAPP 521 hold

Kevin Melton
Level 2
Level 2

I am working at a client site today.  The client of ours has a large meeting Pavilion that they use for Group meetings.

Three years ago, I sold the client a solution consisting of a 526 WLC ( handles 6 LW APs ) and 6 521 LWAPP's.  We had excellent coverage in the meeting Pavilion, and decided we only needed to use 4 of the LWAPP's.

The client will be hosting a large group sometime in March.  The group could be as high as 300 members, each with some type of a wireless device.

I needed to check with the Forum and see if the current setup will be able to handle the amount of users.

So the question would be:  Would a WLC 526 with 4 LWAPP's be able to accomodate a group with a max of 300 wireless clients?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd put up the other two AP, with only 4 your looking at 75 clients per AP if everyone just has one device.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd put up the other two AP, with only 4 your looking at 75 clients per AP if everyone just has one device.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Darren Lynn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

speaking from experience with functions this large, you really need to understand how the 300 attendees will utilize the wireless and understand the space.

If all attendees need to access the wireless at the same time I would be looking at 8 AP. 6 APs should suffice if access if given as nice to have offering.

What it really comes down too is understanding the usage requirements of the 300 attendees an the space you need to cover.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card