cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to access 2602i autonomous ap web GUI

mjohnson1914
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure a 2602i and I know there is a way to access the web GUI to accomplish this but I'm unsure if I have to access CLI to assign the AP and IP or if it already has a default IP?

If it has an default IP can someone please let me know what it is?

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Watkins
Level 4
Level 4

There should not be a default IP already set if this is new out of the box.  It should be set to DHCP by default so you will need a DHCP server to provide an address to the AP.  If this was repurposed, it's possible a static address is set which you could then discover through CDP or ARP entries then address a client accordingly to access the AP's GUI and set back to DHCP or a desirable static address.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Watkins
Level 4
Level 4

There should not be a default IP already set if this is new out of the box.  It should be set to DHCP by default so you will need a DHCP server to provide an address to the AP.  If this was repurposed, it's possible a static address is set which you could then discover through CDP or ARP entries then address a client accordingly to access the AP's GUI and set back to DHCP or a desirable static address.

So, then you have to manually set an IP via CLI first to access the Web GUI? 

Presuming you don't have a DHCP server that can provide an address to the AP, then yes.

If you want an "instant" DHCP, try TFTPd32/TFTPd64.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Johnson,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

No there should not be a default IP set if it is out of box. It should be set to default so that DHCP server can provide address to the AP.You can then discover static address through CDP or ARP entries and address the client accordingly. Set DHCP or static address for the same.

Hope this will help you.

AbishekAbishek,

If you're going to just paraphrase my original response as your own, at least give credit where it is due.

My response

There should not be a default IP already set if this is new out of the  box.  It should be set to DHCP by default so you will need a DHCP server  to provide an address to the AP.  If this was repurposed, it's possible  a static address is set which you could then discover through CDP or  ARP entries then address a client accordingly to access the AP's GUI and  set back to DHCP or a desirable static address.

AbishekAbishek response

No there should not be a default IP set if it is out of box. It should  be set to default so that DHCP server can provide address to the AP.You  can then discover static address through CDP or ARP entries and address  the client accordingly. Set DHCP or static address for the same.
“Review