Helpful
Replies

How to allow a device to be logged in?

Jorge Hernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I have this problem:

When a user logs in using Layer 3 on an Access Point, the user goes away for a few minutes, when the user comes back the AP asks to login again.

I tried enabling Sleeping Clients on Layer and gave them a day, but it's still doing it.

This is for a WLC 2504.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How long is the user going away for? Could be they are hitting the User Idle Timeout which is set at 300 seconds (5 minutes) by default.

This can be changed on the Controller Tab

be careful on how long you push this out, as the MSCB can be filled up if the clients aren't purged

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Usually from 15-min to about 1-hour

How long do you recommend to set this up at?

I just tried my phone for less than 10 min and it de-authorized it.

It is pretty annoying if you have to login every time you connect to the SSID with Layer 3 incorporated.

My boss also tried and it kicked him off after 30 min of being out of range, when he came back he was already de-authorized.

Any other ideas?

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

well this is normal jorge. because if your out of wireless or AP range then your logoff , but yes if you want seamless roaming then thats another question.

you need APs in group to do steamless romaing ,mena if client goes out of range and comes in another in other range of AP then the new AP will provide connectivity to client. i hope you got my point.

Also check the following link for seamless romaing ,using AP group.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-vlan/71477-ap-group-vlans-wlc.html

All my APs are in the same group, also all my interfaces are in the same group, but no seamless roaming.

What am I missing?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card