cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Classify AdHoc Rogues?

jnlawrence76
Level 1
Level 1

I have been able to manually classify the Unclassified APs that I find, however I have not been able to find out a way to manually classify Adhoc Rogues.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Do I have to creat a rule in order to classify Adhoc Rogues?

Thanks in Advance

WLC - 7.0.98.0

WCS - 6.0.170.0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go to WCS Home > Security Tab > Total Active Adhoc Rogues > under Adhoc Rogue Alarms put a "tick" on the Adhoc Rogues of your choice > on the upper left-hand corner there's a drop-down box > choose "External".

Hope this helps.  Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the WLC:

Rogues > Adhoc Rogues > MAC Address > Contain

If I set them to "Contain" will this cause a problem for the AdHoc devices?

Nuts.

You can aside from "Contain", you can choose some more options:   Contain, Alert, Internal, External

When you contain, you are literally sending successive de-authenticate packet to the client.  This is similar to doing a DDoS.

What about setting a rule to set adhocs to "External"?  I have about 500 showing up right now and manually changing each one would take some time.  I only seem to see the ability to create rules for Rogue APs

Go to WCS Home > Security Tab > Total Active Adhoc Rogues > under Adhoc Rogue Alarms put a "tick" on the Adhoc Rogues of your choice > on the upper left-hand corner there's a drop-down box > choose "External".

Hope this helps.  Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card