cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to clear associated Clients using CLI or GUI in WiSM?

suryakant.patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have WiSM controller LAP Management. I want to clear clients those who are associated but not authenticated to Wi-Fi.

I tried this using GUI but it takes time since i have to remove each client one by one.

Is there any method by which I can remove multiple clients at one time?

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is the only way.... Is there a reason you want to do this? This is normal to have that info.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

you can do it from the CLI as well, but it is still technically one at a time.

config client deauthenticate < client mac address >

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

i good reboot will take care of that

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Yup that would do it, but those clients would appear shortley after again

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

wjenkins
Level 1
Level 1

You could always automate this with a script (perl, VBS, etc) that would telnet/ssh to the WLC, list the clients associated to a file, then read the file and disconnect the clients that are only associated using the command Steve provided.

Although as mentioned before, this will only temporarily remove a client that continues to associate.

Bill Jenkins

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

#Client exclusion should auto exclude these clients, if those clients trying with incorrect security.

Security>> Wireless protection policy> client exclusion policy> enable all options.

On WLAN's advanced tab enable client exclusion.

#disable ssid broadcast on that wlan.

#Use allow only macfilter if possible.

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am experiencing same issue with my Web-Auth where too many people have their devices automatically associates while they are in range even though they don't want actually to use the WLAN. I have too many associated but not authenticated clients.

I just live with it. It is a waste of time to remove them for me because in a matter of seconds they will automatically connect again.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you don't want the association turn of broadcast on the ssid

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

associated but not authenticated to Wi-Fi is an issue on open auth network along with draining dhcp pool.

It could be mitigated through:

disable broadcast ssid -publish the same.

Have security like wep/wpa -publish this around the open wifi access area.

Increase dhcp pool size and or reduce the lease time.

reduce idle and session timeout.

WLC doesn't have proactive way to remove or deauth those clients since there could be real clients that is on idle will get disconnected as well.

it is nice to kick the wireless clients on webauth wlan if the client didn't webauth within specific time.

what do you guys think.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card