Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable 802.11n in WLC 2106???

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had already posted for help with this issue but I could not find that topic in the forums.

So what I need is to eable the 802.11n service in my WLC sice 802.11g is the one working.

Regards!

4 Replies 4

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I guess this is the document you were looking for...

Configure 802.11n on the WLC:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080a3443f.shtml.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Tiago is correct but reading your question I understand you maybe want to activate the radio 802.11a/n which shows as down, right ?

If you read on the right it says "regulatory domain not supporteD".

What AP part number do you exactly have ? And to what country to you have configured your WLC ?

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Hi Nico,

(Cisco Controller) >show country

Configured Country............................. MX  - Mexico
Configured Country Codes
        MX  - Mexico.................................... 802.11a / 802.11b / 802.11g

AP Model

1- AIR-AP1141N-A-K9

(I am trying to convert it to LWAPP but cannot add it to the WLC yet, I have annother opened discussion for this case)

But also I want to enable 802.11a in the rest of APs which are 1131 that were converted from Stand Alone to LWAPP.

1141 means that they only have one radio (802.11/b/g/n) so you're out of luck for those ones.

The 1131, contrary to what they part number indicate should have 2 radios (they should be named 1132 but ...).

Did you go to "wireless"->802.11a"->network-> enable ?

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: