Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find out IODs number for Cisco AP model 1602

keith li
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

i have 5 cisco AP with model 1602, i need some help on how to find out the IODs from the device, the reason to do this is to add all the AP to our solarwinds server, hope you can help, Thanks !

Keith

2 Replies 2

Thomas Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using his as Controller Based AP or Stand Alone?

If you are using it as standalone AP you can snmpwalk the AP from a Linux/Mac (other ways too but this is easiest)

snmpwalk -c <your read community> <ip address>

If its lightweight you can import a controller as a device into solarwinds and it will pull all the APs in as well as current clients. Solarwinds plays very nice with Cisco WLC and APs.

we are using Stand Alone, as how to find out the IODs from the device, as i have already enable snmp on the AP, and has been added to the solarwinds server, and below is what solarwinds replied, how to obtain OID ?

Yes, your AP device can now be monitored even the interfaces, availability, CPU, memory, etc., however you mentioned that you also want to monitor the clients of your AP, the client's ip address, the name of the clients and other resources. 

In order to do this, we need to use the Universal Device Poller, we will manually configure NPM to poll the other resources of your AP, that's why we need the OID. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card