cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to register cisco product to download the latest firmware

ABPDIGITAL
Level 1
Level 1

i need to register mine cisco aironet 1700 series AP to cisco portal but problem here is i am not aware of credentails for the same. this is because i need to upgrade my device to latest available firmware. Kindly help and suggest here

Product Serial  - AIR-AP1832I-D-K9

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@ABPDIGITAL unfortunatelly in order to download any software from cisco site you need to have a service contract. This is expected for any product.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @ABPDIGITAL 

First, this is not serail number AIR-AP1832I-D-K9, this is AP device number.

To download software for 1700 you can use this link.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286281141/type/284180979/release/15.3.3-JPO

"i need to register mine cisco aironet 1700 series AP to cisco portal but problem here is i am not aware of credentails for the same. "

Not sure what do you mean by register and if you need the AP credential but you dont have, you need to recover the password

Hi, Below is the error which i am getting when i m trying to download the firmware from cisco. due to this only i am seeking help on this as i don't have the any details when it was purchased and when and from from which partner as it was done by ex-employee.

Product/Model Number:AIR-CAP1702I-D-K9
 Top Assembly Serial Number:FGL1936X47U
 System Software Filename:ap3g2-k9w7-xx.153-3.JAB
 System Software Version:15.3(3)JAB
 Bootloader Version:BOOTLDR: c1700 Boot Loader (AP3G2-BOOT-M) LoaderVersion 15.3() [ TRUE]
 System Uptime:16 hours, 44 minutes

ABPDIGITAL_0-1689310203607.png

@ABPDIGITAL unfortunatelly in order to download any software from cisco site you need to have a service contract. This is expected for any product.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

You say 1700 series AP but mention model number AIR-AP1832I-D-K9 which is not 1700 series!  1700 series is almost end of support already and you can no longer purchase support for those.  You later mention AIR-CAP1702I-D-K9 which is 1700 series and that's what you were trying to download software for.  Sometimes you might get lucky if you search for the image name.

Otherwise the only other way to get the software from Cisco without a service contract is refer to Leo's guide at:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/low-uptime-on-one-ssid/m-p/4687578#M246089

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card