cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to tip over all APs at once command i CLI

jmf1982
Level 1
Level 1

how to tip over all APs at once command i CLI to new controller via High Avalibility

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- (Ref) That's regarding to your other post : https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/air-ct5508-k9-and-cisco-catalyst-9800-l-wireless-controller-17-9/td-p/5166458
                      For convenience you could  have kept the question in the same thread.

The answer is that it is not possible because of the purpose of N+1 unless some background manual scripting is used like
    with EEM for instance  :

+ May I remind you to the standard  methodology to let APs find  a controller is to use DHCP (for ip address provisioning) together with DHCP option 43 to point to the intended controller to use (the controller ip address  =Wireless Management Interface address= that is)

And don't forget! : -   Have an overall checkup of the new  Catalyst 9800-L  controller's configuration with the CLI command
                             show tech wireless and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer
                          use the full command as denoted in green , do not use a simple show tech as input for this procedure
                                                 Consider this mandatory for optimal use for the new 9800-L controller , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- (Ref) That's regarding to your other post : https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/air-ct5508-k9-and-cisco-catalyst-9800-l-wireless-controller-17-9/td-p/5166458
                      For convenience you could  have kept the question in the same thread.

The answer is that it is not possible because of the purpose of N+1 unless some background manual scripting is used like
    with EEM for instance  :

+ May I remind you to the standard  methodology to let APs find  a controller is to use DHCP (for ip address provisioning) together with DHCP option 43 to point to the intended controller to use (the controller ip address  =Wireless Management Interface address= that is)

And don't forget! : -   Have an overall checkup of the new  Catalyst 9800-L  controller's configuration with the CLI command
                             show tech wireless and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer
                          use the full command as denoted in green , do not use a simple show tech as input for this procedure
                                                 Consider this mandatory for optimal use for the new 9800-L controller , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card