cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to verify that all the WLAN SSIDs are broadcasting to each AP

whopwood2
Level 1
Level 1
Do you know the correct command to verify that all the WLAN SSIDs are broadcasting to each AP or if it can be done in Prime.
I need to verify that all Access Points are broadcasting all the needed SSIDs If It be easier if can do report from Prime or in controller where I can do range instead of one by one.
Using Cisco 5508 Controllers

This should be the correct command below but is not working or I am Missing something.

show ap wlan [802.11a/802.11b] <Cisco AP>'
show ap wlan [802.11a/802.11b] <TC10-AP1>
William
10 Replies 10

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

Search by the ap group. If you are only using teh default group that is fine too and wont effect anything you need to do.

show wlan apgroups

It will list all ap groups, the SSIDs associated with the groups and the AP members of the group.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Im looking more so to Verify that that all of our SSIDs are broadcasting to each AP the command you suggest shows my WLAN SSIDs but does NOT verify that it is on every AP. I get a list of all my APs on the controller. I already have all this info. Is there anything else you would suggest I did not see any reports I could run in Cisco Prime either.

William

The SSIDs are associated to an AP Group. APs are assigned to an AP Group. If the WLAN is set to broadcast from the WLAN config page, and that WLAN/SSID is part of the AP Group, and the AP is part of the group, then it IS broadcasting the SSID based on the AP Group membership. If you do not have specific group created then ALL APs are members of the default group.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable

Yes I understand what you are saying.

I Have 5 SSIDs in my Network on a few APs we have had issues with Vendor Phones connecting to our Voice SSID. I can see other devices connecting to the AP without any issues. If / once I reboot the AP the phone is able to connect

I am trying to very that each SSID is truly in fact broadcasting on each AP. by design yes that should since they are in default group.

I do NOT want to have to reboot 600 APs or manually telnet / SSH into them one at a time to see logs. By theory all APS should be broadcasting all my APS if they are in default group. I have groups of APs that only broadcast 2 SSIDs by choice in some areas.

What i am looking for is;

AP Name Slots AP Model Ethernet MAC Location Port Country Priority [ If Possible the list of all SSIDs on each AP]

William

You cannot do it that way. Essentially you are trying to look for a different way to show what the WLC is already showing. If you have an AP that is not broadcasting but it "should" be according to the group it is assigned to then you have a different issue that could be related to a hardware/software problem. So you are trying to prove the system is not working as designed essentially.

I would gather logs and start from there. The AP could be broadcasting the SSID but another issue could be occuring causing the client device to not connect.

Thank you for your input.

William

No problem. Good luck.

Login to the AP locally >> Enable 

"show dot11 wlan"

This will show you the WLANs which this AP is carrying/broadcasting.

We had an issue where the WLC AP groups would show the WLAN attached but users won't see it.  The APs are not broadcasting it, which they were before,,nothing changed.

We have not found the reason yet,,,.

Adam Swindell
Level 1
Level 1

A few years too late I bet but you might be looking for "show ap wlan [radio] [ap name]" 

saravlak
Spotlight
Spotlight

1) AP#show interfaces dot11Radio 1 ==> Use 1 for 5ghz, 0 for 2.4ghz.
//to verify all configured WLANs are broadcasting per AP, individually from AP itself.

2) Use appropriate show int dot11 -config options to check the radio stats, remotely. This can be used for next level checking.
(Note: the model of AP is unknown here, the aireos AP can even show probe req/responses -debug dot11 rxprobe)

3) I'm not sure, try if there's MIB variable available to list for all APs. (Trying from Prime - Sorry good luck with that!!! unless, someone here has soln. through prime.)

4) https://developer.cisco.com/docs/wireless-troubleshooting-tools/#!wireless-troubleshooting-tools/wlan-poller
Cisco has this tool that can pull the data you want on all APs, however, the output will be massive and require manual work to extract the needed data.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card