cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I lose ethernet access to AP350's

john
Level 1
Level 1

Periodically, I lose the ability to browse to any and all of my 340 and 350 AP's. They still work and pass traffic, but I can't get to them. I can ping them, they ping ok, just can't browse. Any idea why?

7 Replies 7

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

This can be the problem which DNS. Are you using DHCP to provide IP Address and information like DNS server address. Check the DNS sever entries are proper when you lose browsing.

Hi,

No, I don't use dynamic DNS or IP, everything is static. It appears to happen when the AP's are heavily loaded, that is, many customers loading a lot of packets. I have DNS routing turned on and it's all specified there, and they are correct. Any other idea? I've tried it all and so far nothing seems to correct it.

Have you tried to browse them from the wireless side? I assume you tried to connect to them from a wired pc. Can you telnet to them at that point?

ME

Nope, can't browse via ethernet nor wireless. Tried that already. The only solution is to power off / on, and then I can browse. Telnet does not work either. I get the "Back = " and such, but can't get past that. All radios are running IOS 11.07, but I've tried other IOS versions with the same results.

What's the status of the LEDs at that moment? Do they signal anyhing unusual? If you connect to the console do you get any error messages?

ME

Don't know. They are all located up inside water towers and such. I can reset power from the ground, but can't get up there to look. I have seen the LED's, they blink as normal, but I can't do much more than that due to the physical location.

When you are able to get to the AP, go to the Radio config and instead of using a hardcoded channel, try and set "Use least congested channel". It heped me out in a situation where I was loosing an AP intermittently. That fixed it and the AP uses ch8 now.

Cheers,

ME

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card