cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I've just purchased WLC2504 Aironet3702 bundle. None of my clients are on 5ghz and I can't create 5ghz wlan.

blee
Level 1
Level 1

I've just purchased WLC2504 + Aironet3702 bundle. After initial configuration, the network is up and running. However I've been trying to test 802.11ac capability to no avail. None of my clients are on 5ghz, these are my ac capable phone (Oneplus one), Macbook Pro, etc. I also have older iPad with 802.11n only, but these won't connect to 5ghz either.  

I did set DCA channel width to 80Mhz and 802.11a network is enabled. When I create a WLAN with 802.11a only Radio Policy, none of my clients can see it. 

Anyone has any idea? 

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check the settings of the SSID:  

1.  WMM must be enabled; 

2.  WPA2 AES/PSK

Thanks Leo for the response. 

1. WMM policy is set to "Allowed". Does it have to be "Required"? Did not seem to make any difference. 

2. WPA2 AES/PSK checked. 

It's running System Software version 8.1.102. 

Any other suggestions? 

One thing I could not figure out: The attachement shows 802.11a/n/ac Radio configuration. From what I've read from one of the Cisco documents (for another controller, I believe), the channel shows different set of numbers, which I could not reproduce. Does this matter? 

It's running System Software version 8.1.102. 

Try using 8.1.122.0.

None of my clients are on 5ghz

What happens if 802.11b radio is disabled?

Leo, I currently do not have Smartnet so cannot download 8.1.122.0 to "try". I may sign up in the future anyway but at this moment I am hesitant unless the upgrade solves the problem for sure. 

Like I've said, I've tried setting 802.11a only for a WLAN, which does not show up on any of the clients. When I try 802.11a/g only, the clients connect in 2.4Ghz. 

blee
Level 1
Level 1

Ok so I've just found out that the damn thing is not primed. I am struggling trying to run Cisco AirProvision app. In the meantime, if it's not primed it's normal that 5ghz is not working?

andysh001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi blee,

I have the same WLC2504 and Aironet3702 AP. But my AP is not getting an IP from the WLC. Just curious about how you setup your controller and AP when you did initial configuration.

My setup is probably different from yours. With my setup, WLC does not act as a DHCP server. I have a separate DHCP server which I configured during the setup wizard, and when the wizard was done, and when I connected our internal network (which links to the DHCP server) to the port 1, it worked fine. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card