Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation and configuration of C9800-CL.17.03.06.ova on ESXI server

medzeinmaaloum
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

I want to start installing the C9800-CL-universalk9.17.03.06.ova on an ESXI server, Is what the installation and configuration and the same as previous versions such as: Cisco-vWLC-AIR-CTVM-7- 3-101-0.ova

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/9800-cloud/installation/b-c9800-cl-install-guide/installing_the_controller.html#concept_wyr_r2z_bdb . the primary deployment of the 9800-CL VM will be the same procedure , of course configuring a 9800 is different from aireos configuration(s) , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

good day,

Regarding the mapping of 9800-CL network interface mappings, I saw in the document:

•      GigabitEthernet1 à Device management interface: Map it to the out-of-band management network. This is the equivalent of the service port on the physical appliance.

•      GigabitEthernet2 à Wireless management interface: Map it to the network to reach APs and services. Usually this interface is a trunk to carry multiple VLANs.

•      GigabitEthernet3 à High Availability interface: Map it to a separate network for peer-to-peer communication for HA SSO. This is the equivalent of the RP port. This port is not needed if HA SSO is not going to be configured.

It should be like:

medzeinmaaloum_0-1673302399288.png

And I in my server I have:

medzeinmaaloum_1-1673302462974.png

Is it that mean:

vmnic0 must match the GigabitEthernet1 (Network Adapter1)

vmnic1 must match the GigabitEthernet2 (Network Adapter2)

vmnic2 must match the GigabitEthernet3 (Network Adapter3)

OR

Vmnic1 must match the GigabitEthernet1 (Network Adapter1)

Vmnic2 must match the GigabitEthernet2 (Network Adapter2)

Vmnic3 must match the GigabitEthernet3 (Network Adapter3)

Which one?

Merci

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card