Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

interoperability with Symbol APs and Motorola MC9090s

we are a food production company and have many sites with Cisco 1220,1230, and 1240 APs, we recently took over a warehouse with Symbol24 AP 4121, plus a number of MC9090 terminals and other scanners. being a Cisco shop we want to move across to Cisco APs, but I have heard that there are inter-operability problems between Cisco and Symbol( Motorola) wireless.

Can anybody comment?

17 Replies 17

Check with Motorola/the old Symbol fellows to have the Photon driver

updated....you'll be fine.

Cheers

MG

Lockheed

Hi guys, just wanted to share. I read all this after having this project of changing Motorola Symbol devices from wpa-psk to 802.1x something. I first tried the client that was on the machine that overrided the "Avalance" windows CE client. That client didn't work at all. Was not sending the username by either leap or peap. The peap also requires you to have the root cert installed. So I read what was in this thread and tried various stuff like leap with wep, disabled short preambles e.t.c. But nothing worked until I switched to the Avalance settings and did the configuratino from there. It worked with LEAP , PEAP with WEP, TKIP or AES encryption. I did a little walk with it and it seemed to roam perfectly. Its a 9090 device by the way :-)

regards. Kristjan

RoadRunner4k
Level 1
Level 1

Used to have these device connected for 10+ years ago, and remember we had a lot of issues when had Aironet IE enabled. Is this by any change enabled on the SSID hosting these MC9090s? if so try to disable it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card