Views
Helpful
Replies

Interpreting max Tx power reflected interms of reciever sensitivity

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts, 

There are certain channels in 5GHz radio, wherein the max Tx power is reflected in terms of "receiver sensitivity" and not in terms of "Transmission Power".

How in this case, shall we be able to obtain the corresponding "Tx Power" for the "receiver sensitivity" value reflected. 

Max Tx power interms of receiver sensitivity.png

Detailed Channels and Maximum Power Settings for Cisco Aironet 1850 Series Access Points

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/aironet-1850-series-access-points/products-installation-guides-list.html

4 Replies 4

Hi

Transmit power is given in miliwatts  and Received Sensitivity in dBm. You can convert on value to another by using a table dBm to miliwatts.

20 dBm os equivalente to 100 miliwatts.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Flavio,

The relationship between dBm and Milliwatts is fine. 

The concern is to co-relate the reciver sensitivity value with the "Transmission Power"

What you shown in you screen shot was most likely channels that are not allowed for that regulatory domain. You can reference other regulatory domains on that spreadsheet to see what dbm is listed. However, you probably should just reference the regulatory domain you will purchase for.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott for the response. 

The channel that I highlighted to reflect only the receiver sensitivity but not the Tx power are the one's which are allowed both in my country code and also the regulatory domain. 

Not sure of the rationale to reflect the receiver sensitivities in documentations for this.

Mine is -M regulatory domain and country code is QA.

M-domain APs Tx Power with Country code QA.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: