cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS 12.4 on AP1140: how to rmdir recursive and non empty directory?

Hello everybody.

I've stumbled across this issue a couple of times, thus now I decided to write and ask for help.

How do I have to tell the IOS on an Aironet AP1142N to delete (rmdir) a whole directory with its contents and maybe subfolders?

I've tried "rmdir /recursive flash:/directory" but I get asked if I'd like to remove "/recursive"!!!

Any help will be appreciated, as I don't have the time to dig myself into every and each subfolder deleting single files...

Kind regards,

F.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Command:  delete /force /recursive flash:directory

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Command:  delete /force /recursive flash:directory

Hy leolaohoo,

indeed it is working, but not in the recovery console (when you boot it up pressing the button for 20 seconds).

Is this behaviour ok?

F.

I don't understand.  I thought you wanted to delete a subfolder and all of it's files?

Indeed, that's what I wanted to do. But I wanted to do it in the "recovery mode", and there it is not working.

It's not a big trouble, as I can load via tftp (in recovery mode) my new firmware, reboot and afterwards delete the old one, with the command you showed me.

But if it were possible to do the same in "recovery mode" I'd be still glad to know how to do it.

Thanks,

F.

Is this what you are looking for:

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

mmmhhh... not 100%.

What I was doing is as follows:

- unpacked my AP1142;

- needed to upgrade to latest firmware release;

- while plugging in power cord, I held down the MODE button for more than 20 seconds;

- released the MODE button, got booted into recovery mode;

- init_tftp, uploaded the NEW firmware;

- wanted to delete the OLD firmware (directory and files) before rebooting to the NEW one.

Do you now see what I was doing?

Kind regards,

F.

If you want to upgrade the autonomous IOS of your AP then the link I've posted is a no-brainer, hassle-free method.

That's perfect!

Thanks,

F.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card