cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPad Clients- Device idle

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

We have several iPad devices operating in Kiosk mode, or guided access, connecting to a WPA2/PSK WLAN.  These devices are configured to not go to sleep.  We have the user idle timeout configured for 86400 secs on the wlan, and the session timeout disabled.  We are seeing issues where these devices will just stop communicating, and will stop responding to an ICMP ping.  However, on the controller, they show associated and in the run state, with a good connection.  Often from the WLC client view, we see last disassocation reason as Device idle.  These devices are on the 5GHZ band and have great connection stats as far as RSSI and SnR.  We are on controller code 8.5.135.  We adjusted the default user idle timeout from 300 secs to 86400, and this seemed to minimize how often this was occurring.  Has anyone experienced this? Any input on this is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may want to have a look at the Wireless Debug Analyzer which you can find on the page below ; you may  also want to have a look into the Wireless Config Analyzer Express - WCAE and the Wireless Lan Config Analyzer - WLCCA - Download V4.4.12

Ref :   https://developer.cisco.com/docs/wireless-troubleshooting-tools/#!wireless-troubleshooting-tools/wireless-troubleshooting-tools

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You might also want to upgrade the WLC to 8.5.151.0, it fixes a lot of bugs.

Yes, we are actually doing that now. Thanks.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card