Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone/iPad Connectivity Issues with 5508 WLC's

pennwestenergy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are implementing a new corporate wireless network with Cisco 5508 WLC's and C3602I LWAP's. We are not running any RADIUS or EAP at the moment and are starting with WPA2 w/ AES with a pre-shared key to begin piloting.

The issue we are having is iOS based devices (iPhone/iPad) do not seem to want to connect. We just get a could not join wireless network messages. We have had success with several Windows based laptops, my MacBook connects, as well as several different Android devices.

Looking at the logs on the WLC I see these entries which correspond to the MAC address of my iPhone.

*apfMsConnTask_6: Jul 17 17:25:20.620: %APF-3-CHECK_SUPP_RATES_FAILED: apf_utils.c:376 Could not check supported rates. Missing Supported Rate. Length :0. Mobile MAC: 24:ab:81:92:4d:97.

Does anyone have any ideas or have run into this problem before?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew

31 Replies 31

I have good news! I had to wait about a month to take an outage and I was able to upgarde to the latest 7.2 release at that time (7.2.111.3). The Dell laptop can connect flawlessly now and the user with the Windows 8 Asus notebook has no issues connecting now either. I'll be sure to upgrade the code regularly during our future outages.

Thanks for your help Scott and George.

Andrew

mrCua
Level 1
Level 1

Has the problem been resolved? I have the opposite problem, mac os /iphone/ adroid can both connect but windows and printer cannot, can you help me, tks 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card