cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

issue adding adder license to 2504 Wlc

huber
Level 1
Level 1

I have ordered an additional 5 licenses for a 2504 wlc. I also registered it with Pak key all worked fine but i can not get it to work.

When i upload it from tftp it tells me it that it is allready installed.
I have then tried to activate the eval license remove the base license and uploaded the new one from tftp. But still 5 license not the 10 i would expect in total.

Any idea what i did wrong?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

reboot the WLC, and then check the licensing again.  If it's still not there, then attempt the uploade

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve

I have reloaded the WlC and still the same picture, only 5 license instead of the 10. i tried it on 7.2 and 7.3 code but same behaviour

open the license with wordpad, and see if it says 10 or 5 AP.  When you registered the PAK adn SN of the WLC, it should have created the one license with 10 AP total.  The 5 new, and the 5 original.

if it doesn't show 10 you'll want to get a case open with the Licensing team to get it fixed.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks, did do that as well. License tells me 10. thats why i find it odd after deleting the license and adding it new still having only 5

Hi all

Solution was to open TAC case. The engineer issued a new cert file which then worked.

Regards
Raz

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card