Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Cisco air-ap1832i-e-k9

Ahmed Mohamed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone 

i have an ap Cisco air-ap1832i-e-k9 and it was working fine , i added one more ap and i  converted the ap to Mobility Express and i made first ap is a controller and i changed this port to new port

but i have an issue with the following 

the controller in random time change the lid from green to red and orange and green and stop in green a gain i don,t know why if it a cable issue or it something else like the firmware when someone touch the cable it turn to red and back to green a gain , and in other time it keeps changing led to red and orange although no one touch any cables .

i loged  to gui web base i can see the AP uptime is still counting ( 5 days or weeks ) 

can some one please help me for troubleshooting or how to show the logs to find out the issue ? i logged into AP via ssh but i did not know which command should i use .

thank you all 

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It could be a powering problem and or due to the AP not getting sufficient power , to check the logs issue the command
          show logging                   , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

- Are they both running ME software or just the controller AP?
- Are you having problems on both APs or just one of them?
- Which AP has the problem - controller or subordinate AP?
- What version of software are you using?
- One of the APs is 1832i - what is the other one?  Which one is the controller?
- What power source are you using for the APs?
- On the controller "show traplog", on the AP "show log"

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card