cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with installing Prime 3.5 OVA into vmware

jfabaosmd
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping someone can give some insight into an error I get when installing Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.x into VMware ESXi 6.5.

When I try to import the OVA file, I get the expected prompts and selection of level (Express, etc) and the import process starts but 3-4% in, it fails with the error "Transfer failed: IO error during transfer of 'null': null."

I get that error when using the VMware web interface (flash or HTML5), different browsers.  The import fails as well through the vSphere 6 client.  If I import into a VMware workstation setup, it import just fine, boots, and starts its expected setup process for Prime.

The only thing I found on the VMware side was a related article on the web certs when using the web interface and those are fine and I'm using the full URL so no SSL warning.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the OVA you uploading from your PC ? Is your PC and Esxi in same network ?

Try using WinSCP copy OVA image  to ESXI one of the Storage Drive and use that path as install path.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Thanks!  That got me along a path that worked.

I uploaded the OVA to the datastore as suggested.  Then I had to figure out how to generate the URL to the datastore path since vmware 6.5 won't let you deploy an ova/ovf directly from the store (local client or URL).  Then I had to use connect to my vCenter Server web page using IE and choosing the flash version of the site.  Chrome and Firefox are not flash friendly, and the HTML 5 version of the site wouldn't take the URL.

Going through setup now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the OVA you uploading from your PC ? Is your PC and Esxi in same network ?

Try using WinSCP copy OVA image  to ESXI one of the Storage Drive and use that path as install path.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply BB.

No, my workstation is on a different network from the host server.  Haven't had issues with other OVAs for that.

I will try moving the OVA to the storage drive and try.  Will let you know if that helped.

Thanks!  That got me along a path that worked.

I uploaded the OVA to the datastore as suggested.  Then I had to figure out how to generate the URL to the datastore path since vmware 6.5 won't let you deploy an ova/ovf directly from the store (local client or URL).  Then I had to use connect to my vCenter Server web page using IE and choosing the flash version of the site.  Chrome and Firefox are not flash friendly, and the HTML 5 version of the site wouldn't take the URL.

Going through setup now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card