cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP availability report issue

Adnan Khan
Level 4
Level 4

I am not able to see AP availability report in Cisco WCS. Please help me and see the snapshot.

8 Replies 8

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Adnan,

You have to hit the "new" button and create the report. You will see once you hit new ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Is there any possibility to find why AP was down. If any radio is down for certain time pf an AP then how to view this in report and cause of downtime?

The report will only show what was reported from the WLC to WCS. As for why, you will need to put on your detective hat on

Was there a switch down

Did something happen to the power

Check the switch port for errors

etc ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

LAP availability report issue

No errors on port level.

Problem:  AP disconnected ( 802.11b/g interface of AP 2 is down: Controller 192.168.1.1) then

'802.11b/g'  interface of AP '2' associated to controller 'WLC2  (192.168.1.1)' is up. Reason: Radio interface reset.

It  is happening randomley in 24 hours upto 3 to 4 times. Can any one  suggest how to diagnose this problem and how to identify where is the  problem.

In WCS report it is showing uptime since it was first powered on. In my opinion something wrong with its Radio but can any one guide how to diagnose radio down related issues and how to get debug output.AP is 1240 AG

On the wlc, when you click on the AP, there is an uptime, which only means how long was it powered up for. Then there is a join time which means how long the ap has been joined with that wlc.

I would look at the switch log to see if you see anything there. I would also look at the wlc log to see if there is more related issues prior to the log you posted. Do you have rldp enabled, if so, disable that.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

This is a syslog message

Error Message    %DTLS-5-PEER_DISCONNECT: DTLS peer [int].[int].[int].[int] has closed

connection.\n

What is RLDP can u discribe that and why to disable it?

RLDP is disabled by default unless you have enabled it. It is for rogue detection but the wlc can detect rogue with this disabled.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080b40901.shtml

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card